Friday, September 11, 2009

Reflection

Today is a day of Reflection. I didn't lose someone close to me eight years ago, but that fateful morning change my life forever. As it did the entire country. I was living in Jamaica at the time, and Brandon was nearly two. We came downstairs, wrestled the TV control from his stepbrothers, and I watched in horror as America was lashed again and again. Brandon's mom couldn't understand the deep sense of lost I shared with my country. I remember watching CNN intently that morning, but I also remember quickly looking back at my two year old often; making sure he was close by, and safe.

We lost so much that day. We will never feel completely safe again.

No comments:

Q: Where can men over the age of 50 find younger women who are interested in them? A: Try a bookstore under fiction.