Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Medicine Cabinet

Note: This post was last updated April 3, 2010.

This is an example of just how lazy I can be. As I get "up there" in years, I have to rely on the kindness of doctors to keep me gracefully dancing away from the La Brea Tar Pit called by many; "The Golden Years". Let's say, I get hit by a Metro bus one day. Do I cheerfully recite from memory my complete medical history to the EMT's? Have I taken the time to learn to spell every medication my doctor has prescribed to me in an effort to reduce his own liability? Or, do I wear a MedicAlert around my neck and look like some New Jersey strip club owner?

Or, do I post my medications here, and give the EMT's my business card as they scrape me from under the bus, which features the URL of this very blog? Why yes, I do!

Do I care if the whole world knows I have to take this stuff ? Nope. Not a bit. Couldn't care less. And, for all those college kids who look at this list and cheerfully snort at my daily dependence on doctor prescribed medications - know that your time is soon coming. You will notice a nagging pain in a joint that may last a year and a half. Or, when you unexpectedly cough, you shit your pants. Or, you realize you've forgotten exactly where you live. I could go on and on. God's great equalizer is age.

Oh, and for those college kids still snickering about my advancing age - I probably nailed your Mom.

Please note there are no "erectile dis-function" medications on this list.

No comments:

Q: Where can men over the age of 50 find younger women who are interested in them? A: Try a bookstore under fiction.